People's Choice Awards
Terms & Conditions
Wed 11 Nov •
Vote now for your chance to win $1,000 to spend at the brand you enter to win the People’s Choice Award. (Promotion) - Terms and Conditions
It’s important to read the terms and conditions in full before entering this competition, but here’s a summary of the key terms:
- Entry is open to Australian residents aged 18 years and over.
- The Promotion starts at 12:01am on 11 October 2022 AEDT and closes at 11:59pm on 4 November 2022 AEDT.
- To enter, you need to vote for your favourite brand on the Afterpay Website by clicking on the vote button for the brand you wish to vote for and entering your full name and email address in the appropriate boxes to confirm your vote (see below for full details).
- You may enter once, each person can only win one prize.
- The prize draw will occur at 12pm on 23 November 2022 AEDT, and a total of 1 winner(s) will be notified by email and have their name(s) published at https://www.afterpay.com/en-AU/fashion-laureate-peoples-choice-award/
- Each winner will receive AUD$1,000 credit to their Afterpay account to be spent at the brand that they voted for. If you do not have an Afterpay account, you must set-up an Afterpay account in order to redeem the credit. Total prize pool value is AUD$1,000.
- Your Personal Information may be used by the Promoter and disclosed to third parties for various purposes (see below for full details).
- The Promoter is Afterpay Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 15 169 342 947) at 8, 376-390 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 Australia.
- Entry is open to Australian residents aged 18 years and over (Eligible Entrants).
- Employees and other staff (and their immediate family members) of the Promoter are ineligible to enter.
- Entrants are subject to all applicable laws, and entries will be deemed void where prohibited by law.
- By entering this competition, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. In case of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any other published material, these terms and conditions prevail.
- The Promotion commences at 12:01am on 11 October 2022 AEDT and closes at 11:59pm on 4 November 2022 AEDT. (Promotion Period).
To enter, Eligible Entrants must:
Vote for their favourite brand that is an Afterpay merchant on the Afterpay website by clicking on the vote button for the brand the entrant wishes to vote for and entering their full name and email address in the appropriate boxes to confirm their vote, during the Promotion Period.
Eligible Entrants may enter the Promotion once, and may only be awarded one prize. All entries become the property of the Promoter for use by the Promoter without attribution or compensation.
- Entries that the Promoter suspects to be fraudulent, incomplete, incorrect or misleading, or may damage the Promoter’s reputation may be disqualified. Entrants who breach these terms and conditions may be disqualified. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- It is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter should their contact details change during the Promotion Period.
- There is no fee to enter this competition.
- The random prize draw will take place at 12pm on 23 November 2022 AEDT at Telads Australia Pty Ltd, 123 Margaret St, Toowoomba QLD 4350 Australia or such other location as advised by the Promoter.
- There will be a total of 1 winner(s), who will be notified by email within 2 business days of the draw date on 25 November 2022. The winner’s name will be published on https://www.afterpay.com/en-AU/fashion-laureate-peoples-choice-award/ within 2 business days of the draw date on 23 November 2022 for at least 28 days.
- The winner will receive AUD1,000 credit to their Afterpay account to be spent at the brand that they voted for. If the winner does not have an Afterpay account, the winner must set-up an Afterpay account in order to redeem the credit. Total prize pool value is AUD$1,000. Prizes are subject to any terms and conditions (which may be notified to the winner by the Promoter upon confirmation of the award of the prize).
- 14. Lost, mutilated, or stolen credit will not be replaced. The credit will expire within 12 months from the issue date. Redemption is subject to the Promoter’s terms and conditions located here: https://www.afterpay.com/en-AU/terms-of-service.
- If the prize remains unclaimed after reasonable attempts to contact a winner, this will be published 30 days after the initial prize draw on 23 November 2022. A subsequent unclaimed prize draw will be conducted at 12pm on 23 December 2022 AEDT at Telads Australia Pty Ltd, 123 Margaret St, Toowoomba QLD 4350 Australia or such other location as advised by the Promoter. Any redraw winner will be notified by email within 2 business days of the unclaimed prize draw on 23 December 2022 and will have their name published on https://www.afterpay.com/en-AU/fashion-laureate-peoples-choice-award/ for at least 30 days.
- The Promoter may request reasonable identification from the winner to confirm their identity and eligibility to enter. Any failure to do so may result in disqualification.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for prizes lost, misplaced or otherwise not delivered to a winner. If any prize or part of a prize becomes unavailable for reasons outside of the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- The Promoter’s decision on any aspect of this promotion is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
- No bonus prizes shall be awarded.
- Entrants agree to their Personal Information (as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)) being collected and used by the Promoter for the purposes of the Promotion.
- These terms and conditions do not limit, modify or exclude consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth). The Promoter may amend any of these terms and conditions if required to comply with applicable laws.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for errors (technical or human), technical failures or malfunctions except where caused by the Promoter’s fraud, negligence or wilful misconduct.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any injury, sickness, death, or property loss or damage of any kind except where caused by the Promoter’s fraud, negligence, or wilful misconduct.
- If the promotion cannot be run as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter may, subject to licensing authority approval, alter, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion. The Promoter will use reasonable efforts to notify you should this occur by publishing a notice on its website.
Prizes and winning
Marketing and privacy